How do you reheat the Tamales? How do you cook the tamales? What are the step-by-step processes on how to effectively reheat the tamales? What are the things you need to have in order to do this? Will it cost you a lot of money just to do this?
Most of you might be asking these same questions when you wanted to cook or order Tamales for the family. We also had the same questions when we was in your position. Believe us; it is really difficult to do something through trial and error basis.
Tamale is a typical Mexican dish. Like any other dishes, it is very delicate and should be reheated carefully to preserve its pristine and fresh quality. The tamale is known for its adequate taste and flavours particularly in its filling.
Reheating Tamale is not really that complicated. We checked every website for guides and tips on how to do this effectively so we can assure you that after reading this article, you will be able to do it like a pro.
We also included five different mediums so that you are not limited to just one. You have two priorities every time you reheat the tamales. First is that you should be able to preserve the quality of the delicate masa. Second is that you need to make sure that the filling it holds is cooked to perfection.
It is actually like frying chicken or pork. It should be crispy and tender on the outside and juicy on the inside.
THE THINGS YOU WILL NEED
This is one of the mediums for reheating Tamales. Steamers help you maintain the food’s pristine and fresh condition. In our opinion, this is a good way to reheat tamales since it prevents the tamales from getting too dry. Steamers are famous for reheating vegetables.
The heat from the stove brings out the tamale’s rich flavour. Nothing beats this conventional way of heating your food. If you want your tamale to be crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside, use this technique.
For us, this is actually a famous method since most of the people we know uses stove as their cooking material. Almost every household owns this one.
The oven is another conventional way of heating your tamales. The end result is the same as using a stove depending on how you reheat the tamales.
The Tamales will have a crispy surface and a juicy filling. In my opinion, both the stove technique and the oven technique are the best ways of reheating Tamales.
The microwave is the fastest and easiest way of reheating tamales. Use this technique when you have visitors coming over for dinner and you need to prepare the tamales the quickest way possible.
We rarely use this technique though since it will not give you the crispiness that the tamales should have and for me, that is the secret on how to make the tamales delicious.
5. Deep Fryer
Yes! You also have the power to reheat the tamales using a deep fryer.
The only downside is that you will garner more calories since the tamales will be submerged in cooking oil but this is also perfect for those who are not that conscious with the extra calories or those who wanted to gain weight.
This instrument is commonly used to check the temperature of the food accurately. This is to make sure that the filling of the tamales is not undercooked or overcooked.
In our opinion, this is a requirement if you are new to cooking since this will give you a better chance of reheating the tamales properly.
THE STEP-BY-STEP PROCESS
The First way: How to reheat the tamales using a Cooking Steamer
1. Set up your steamer by filling 1/4 of steamer with water.
2. Turn the heat to medium.
3. Arrange the tamales around the edge of the steamer with open end up
4. If the tamales are stored in room temperature, steam for 12 to 20 minutes.
5. If the tamales are frozen, steam for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Tip: For a dozen tamales, the total cooking time is 20 to 30 minutes.
The Second way: How to reheat the tamales using a Stove
1. Place a pan on a stove range and set the heat to medium.
2. Add a teaspoon of cooking oil.
3. Remove the husk from the Tamales and place it inside the pan. Use a lid to cover the Tamales.
4. Flip the Tamales every 2 to 3 minutes.
5. Once the skin of the Tamales became crispy, it is ready to be served.
- Tip: For a dozen tamales, the total cooking time is 5 to 10 minutes.
The Third way: How to reheat the tamales using an Oven
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
2. Remove the husk of the Tamales.
3. Apply a thin layer of butter in the pan.
4. Put the Tamales in the pan.
5. Once the skin of the Tamales became crispy and dark brown, it is ready to be served.
- Tip: For a dozen tamales, the total cooking time is 30 to 45 minutes.
The Fourth way: How to reheat the tamales using a Microwave
1. If tamales are frozen; defrost for 2 to 3 minutes then put it in the microwave
2. Place tamales in a plastic bag or plastic container
3. You have the option to leave the husk of the tamales
4. Heat the tamales in the microwave for about 2 to 5 minutes
- Tip: For a dozen tamales, the total cooking time is 2 to 4 minutes.
The Fifth Way: How to reheat the tamales using a Deep Fryer
1. Set the heat of the deep fryer to medium
2. If the tamales are frozen, defrost for about 2 to 3 minutes
3. Remove the husk of the tamales and slowly drop it into the deep fryer
4. Cook each tamale for 2 to 3 minutes
5. Once the skin of the Tamale turned golden brown, it is ready to be served
- Tip: For a dozen tamales, the total cooking time is 10 to 12 minutes.
TO SUM IT ALL UP
Reheating the tamales is really easy! Now that you have every bit of knowledge that you need, using these five different methods, you will be able to reheat the tamales most effectively and conveniently possible.
We’re glad that we’re able to help you out especially those who are struggling in the kitchen. This tutorial is important to us as well since it gave us adequate information when we were in your position so we’re sharing everything we’ve learned as well.
You can also check this YouTube video link to further get a hands on experience on how to reheat tamales.
Did you enjoy reading this tutorial? Do you have any further tips that can also help other readers? Tell us what you think and share this article if you liked it through your social media accounts. Feel free to leave comments in the comment section that we have. Your feedback is really important to us!